Skip to main content

Just 26 miles away


Around one year back I wrote my heart out about Ladakh marathon. I really sucked that time in terms of fitness and preparation. I was feeling terrible for not completing those 26 miles. Running was somewhat which was taking a lot out of me at that point of time. But yup exactly year after here I am completing those 26 miles with pride and yes its a podium finish although not my best but good timing.


So I ran this AFMC marathon on 11th August 2019, ohh boy that experience was mind blowing. Highest elevation gain was 386 m according to Garmin and route was really challenging. I think in my entire running career this was one of the second toughest marathon I ran after Ladakh. I am definitely on cloud 9 now till I start preparing for next marathon.


So  how was this entire year in terms of preparations. You will not believe. It started from Yoga to swimming to physio therapy to what not god only knows . I remember my Ladakh marathon till today's date as it is. My condition was so pathetic that even walking for 500 mts gave me a terrible pain. My nights were sleepless due to pain, my muscles had become so stiff and there was so much pain around my knees , I felt as if I am an arthritis person. In the month of October there was Bengaluru Marathon and I remember contacting Sir Sunil Shetty from NEB Sports so that I can at least volunteer and chear up the crowd if not running,  I just wanted to be among the people who share same passion, power of association is really great no one can beat that. One day while chatting on whats app Sunil Sir gave me Dr Sitaramans Number who runs his awesome and cool clinic Physio Be fit in Indiranagar. It took me every day 5 hours(4 hours travelling and 1 hour physio every day), No doubt doctor was very loving and team was too good which cured me completely. Person who is physically active and if suddenly for some reason they have to stop then its as if that person has been kept in Vaccum whre in there is no air and no oxygen.


I remember giving up on running at that point of time. I had no guts to face those 10k, 21k again 42k was not even close by now I can definitely say its just the mental block. Once treatment got over I got green signal from doctor to resume my training. which was for 21 K. I was the person who did not have any patience and suddenly I started behaving patiently and taking one step at a time. No doubt doctor has a name, My treatment went so well people over there treated me as if I was one of their family member. I ran my Bengaluru mid night marathon which was a descent run for me in terms of timing and overall recovery. Soon In January 2019 I did my Tata Mumbai Marathon that to half. I was craving for Full Marathon but believe me it takes lot of hard work and number of hours in order to prepare for full then Half and 10K. So here I was strong for Half but not for Full because even for half my legs would start cramping after completing 18K, every time remaining 3K my mind would drive my body. From this point onward I planned to run selected runs only . So on the 1st of March I registered for TCS 10K which was on 19th of May 2019. I perfectly remember that date because I was waiting for registrations to start.  Afforts added in this 10K was  more then any half marathon but again as if my stars were against me I got terrible cold and fever Just a week before. I was on high medication, my body had terrible pain but I wanted to run. I was not aware about the power of rest which was the biggest mistake I did and finally on the day of race I had to just drag myself in order to finish those 10K although it was not a great run I ended up with the timing of 45 min.  On good thing about this run was I found coach Brojan from pacemakers who later he guided me very well for my full marathon.



I really wanted to prepare for the full marathon badly, it was now or never for me(Because even If I do not want to run so much in future I wanted to give a try to check whether I can finish or not).  I started preparations. I started going for yoga meanwhile . Changed my apartment so that I could avail proper gym and swimming pool, changed my diet completely, started concentrating more on race then negative things and yes result was fruitful, most importantly this was all done keeping the busy schedule of my project which I am working on where in I really put lot of effort.


Anyone who is non runner reading this believe me its easy to comment on someone for their running but its way difficult to do it. I personally hate rest days but those are the ones which gives strength so yes its most necessary to have those one or tow rest days in a week. Also I started giving more importance to myself and going away from toxic and negative people. I had hell lot of negative people in my life who would just suck up my positive energy, They always showed me how miserable I am and how good they were in whatever I do whether coding or normal life(Choose friends with brain not with heart). I would like to stress again always stay with people who are with you in your bed times, who expects very little from you and who would not drain you out of positivity. Fortunately I do have very good friends in my life with whom I can discuss anything and everything. I can call them up at mid night, I can ping them at any point of time and I always get a positive reply with lot of love. So yes association matters a lot, In case you find that you are dragged in negativity just move away without giving a second thought.  It takes 3 positive thoughts to kill one negative so yes choose wisely.

So moral of the story stay focused, stay determined nothing comes easy everything has its own price and yes be always surrounded by people who are positive and who motivates you. Life is beautiful you dont live once but you live every day and die only once so design your life in a way you want.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

My First Love

First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it). Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass). Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it starte

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google). Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantl