Skip to main content

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep

Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google).

Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantly. Goan will-love its land more when they move outside Goa, same with Kannadigas, Gujjus, Mayalis..... and the list goes on.

When I moved out of Goa, I observed one strange thing, most of the people had an category to trust other state people. Example in my PGs I saw Tamilians never had trust on Andhra people,  Malyalis did not trust Tamilians, South Indians(Tamilians, Malyalis, Andhra People and Kannadigas) Would judge North people(Please don't judge me on this statement I am just noting down my observation and how people behind the back would talk). I don't know how they look up to Goa , may be as a different country.

On other hand story in North was completely different Gujjus and Rajasthanis would hate Biharis, Odiya people never trusted Bengalis, Rajasthanis never trusted Bengalis, And same like how south Indians judged Nothies , Northies would also judge South Indian.

Me on the other hand had no idea what to say, because as I said for us only Goans are Goans rest all are Bhikana( Bhikana in Konkani means groundnuts initially migrants came to Goa as peanuts sellers so whoever belong to outside Goa we call them Biknakar /Bhikna). But when it comes to trusting people, we do trust people and not a state. I had many of my friends when I was in Goa who were from different state and I trusted them as a individual person and not depending on its state.

We say our pledge so proudly then I don't understand why is it so difficult to trust any other state person. My mom used to say understand the meaning of what you are learning, just dont learn for the sack of learning, It took me time to understand the meaning of pledge but I understood it in its own terms.

My mom belongs to a place which is near Goas border so technically she is from Maharashtra and as a kid I always humiliated her saying you people are non Goans but important lesson which I learnt was it is the person who matters not the state, It depends entirely on how beautiful other persons heart is or how strong the other person is .

After working in Bangalore for 2 years I do feel I am a good team player(all credit goes to not judging people depending on their state), When it comes to blending among the other state people I do it very well I don't have any favoritism to any state people.  I take individual as individual person and not as Bengali or Gujju or Kannadiga. For me even if anyone else support other or do favor does not matter because I take myself also as a person and not a individual with tag of GOA. I know 99% of other state people are crazy about Goa. But lets keep that apart.

I know this may sound like shit but for me at least this matter is of great concern. Did you anytime hear Japanese doing fight and saying I cannot stay with you in a room because you belong to so and so state or Chinese people fight over the position just because they are from one state.

We idealize other countries for many other reason, why not for this matter. Why not take it matter in a united way and progress together? if this is the case I think we will be much ahead of other countries.

In Goa there are still barriers when it comes to marriages, this topic is way bigger then it looks so lets keep aside, If I say I like someone from other state to my family they might throw me out of the house. But point over here is not making permanent relationship with someone a small friendship which will make day today work much easier....

I don't have any hard feelings towards anyone, If we have ability to pin point national decisions then I think we have ability to think on this small topic which might improve many things.

Why cant we just make better approach towards staying together with good intentions and not just blame each other depending on his or her state. We inherit everything from the place we are born and brought up I can understand that. If we blame others then can you imagine what example we are giving for the world? Indirectly fingers are pointing  towards us.....

Note: This topic may be of concern for some people. I just wrote it in good intentions. Extremely sorry if anyone's emotions are hurt . My Intention is just to convey the right message.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

My First Love

First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it). Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass). Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it starte