Skip to main content

My First Love


First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it).

Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass).

Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it started giving continuous beep sound ................ maaayyyyyy god , my heart was literally in my hands  ..........really I was almost about to collapse  .So I switched on my Pc which is now 6 years old and  googled , I got some troubleshooting tips but none of them worked, I tried all of them  . As I Had  dell customer care no I directly called them and whole problem got resolved with their guidance through several calls(I had to call them several time and sit infront of my laptop doing whatever they told me ....................... fist time i tested my passions and found that "yes I really have a lot "). At last it was working fine .

Although I got this in replacement for my first laptop DELL inspiron  N5110 which stopped working just after 2 months ,that was a mild shock to me .as it was under warranty I got replacement for it .This might be the reason for me to fall in love with this laptop ,it may be this that because first one left me quite early I dint wanted the newer one to leave too early.

I used to call my laptop 'aatma' which means soul  (yes it is my soul...... ..........please don't have a silent lough ) . My friends used to always tease me when i least  bothered my laptop , Once due to over excitement I forgot my laptop in one of our lab.  

I still remember how I was careless about our electronic/electrical gadgets when I was young (I broke one of our radio and one half broken still working, I think I even broke one of our mixer/grinder). When I Got my PC which was under Cyber age scheme  and when it first stopped working because of RAM problem ,I just started banging CPU with my  fist thinking it might work (.... as you know I was kid that time) and finally my father had to call call technician to fix the problem and then it was all done . Now its working fine..... we had to spend around 15-17 thousand (2 times SMPS ,once Mother board,once processor,2 times RAM).
I think my PC loves me a lot because whenever I'm in need for something it is always there for my help .

I want my laptop to be with me forever.Since it is my first laptop and while purchasing my father had said ....."You may think this as gift to you from my side ...... since you did well in 10th and 12th std" ................ My parents never gifted me anything when i scored good marks in my SSC and HSSC exams and even when i got admission in Engineering and neither did i demanded for any gift nor I wished for any but  I know they loved me a lot and they even knew the fact that I never wish some gifts or surprises , whatever my father said that day was really like golden word to me.

My dream was to own a laptop by my money  (which was not possible since I dint had any source of income that time neither do I have now)    . But this laptop turned out to be special . May god bless it a long long long life .................... lot's and lot's and lot's of love .  


Comments

  1. i still remeber how u cared for it :). "Aatma" what you call rightly fits it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google). Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantl