Skip to main content

I wish my family members understand this....

So since last Monday this lock down happened in Bangalore. Today when I am writing this blog its 23rd March 2020 (Ohh that reminds me its Bhagat Singhs death anniversary . May his soul rest in peace). So whats cooking in my brain today? Lot and lot and lot of emotions. I could not sleep entire night and hence words right on the blog.

In Goa we celebrate Gudi Padwa its the new year for all the hindu Goans. Its a big ceremony and in my house at least very important. Because this is the time we celebrate shigmo for our dambab( pronounced as dam-ba-b . Root of this god is located in our house). For me this festival always had a special place in my heart. I am bit superstitious so I believe that whatever I do on this particular day I  will follow entire year. So mostly I invest on this day, I code, I run do Yoga spend time with family basically all the things which I like and which keep me happy. I never missed this festival even though I was away from home. Every year I made sure I was there for this festival by hook or crook. Also felt that dambab is more active and generous on this particular day so always feels blessed to be in the vicinity where our festival is celebrated. This year also I had plans. I had requested my manager for 2 days off 1 day being holiday here. Today I was suppose to leave for home and day after tomorrow I would have been celebrating Gudi Padwa, But no This stupid corona had some other plans...Mere pure plan par pani dal diya.

In Bengalore our office gave wfh bit late, in other offices it was announced much before ours. So most of friends who were in electronic city headed back to their homes and started working from there. I thought wow this is so good . I could also do the same(but wait if corona pandemic had not been spread would I have gone home and worked from there this week ? obviously big NOOOO so why yes now).

But still my home sick heart was making my brain understand that its better to go home and work, Anyways I don't take care of my self. I am choosy with respect to food sometimes I get bored to cook, bread ghee roast, toast, dal khichdi  is most of the time I sustained on since last week. Although I like to cook healthy stuff and eat healthy but when working from home I don't feel like cooking. In my entire work schedule I had properly drawn a line between work and home but when work from home how to, I cant do this it gets messed up ? So this thoughts made me to think on going home.
But not sure why I got very bad cold on Thursday night with heavy headache(I am fine today). My hear skipped a bit, with this spread of corona pandemics I got so scared that I started researching and checking on all the symptoms for corona(I know I am stupid enough not to gather more information when it started). After researching I realised that this virus has the ability to enter your body from various ways. It can stay in your body and can show effects afterwords. My body can fight with it still there is possibility that it can get transferred to someone else without me being infected. It can be this that I look perfectly fine but inside my white blood cells are fighting and at the same time I am transferring this to various others.

Fuckkkkkkk . That scared shit out of me. It changed my thinking 360 degrees. In Goa I stay in a pretty big family where in there are 5 senior members including my parents, there are kids there people with low immunity what if anything happens to anyone. After this thought I instantly decided to cancel my ticket.

In this situation how to make my dad understand that its ok to stay in Bengalore and just pray for everyone's health. how to make him understand that he is already 65+ and has very low immunity by any chance I don't want him to get affected in any possible way. How to make him understand that even a cold drink affects him so if I come there there is 1% chance. still I dont want to take that risk.

I wish I could make him properly understand this situation how bad it is. My entire family is still in a hope that I will be at home by any mode of transportation whatever it is. But what they are not understanding is this virus may be dormant initially but it can be active. Goa still does not have a any proper way to track on people who have travelled from other cities till todays date. There is no monitoring done on the people arriving from outside whereas in states like Hyderabad Orrisa they are checking and tracking on people who have come from cities like Pune, Bengalore, Mumbai. I wish Goa Govt had taken measures to do some checks.

Even when I told them that I have cold and cough so I don't want to travel they are telling me to take precaution like mask sanitiser and come back to Goa. I wish I could make them understand that its not that easy. Its not easy at all when you love family more then anything else.  Hope this pandemics soon comes to an end. I see many of my friends travelling back their home posting statuses saying stay safe and with family, with this shitty statuses and messages my ppl at home are getting more crazy and telling me stories about their travel back to Goa, I know there are zero cases till now in Goa till today's date. But I don't want to add any by any means. I wish ppl did not posted about their return back to home so that my family stop thinking how can I not achieve the same thing when their friends kids can. I wish my dad  or someone at my home understood the seriousness about this.

Lot of Bakwas I know. Lets keep the serious part aside now. I have now stories for my kids. I can also say that during our time there was covid-19 break down because of which sensex and nifty fell miserably and everywhere it was lock down. Janata Curfew was observed for one day and after 5 pm people went crazy. Some people were thinking they are super heroes and roaming every where without any precaution, people like me were inside thinking this is what I can do for my country so that others don't get affected by any means.

Hope this ends soon. Hope I get to see my healthy family members soon.
At this point I am remembering one of my Yoga prayers which says

Image result for sarve bhavantu sukhinah sarve santu niramayah: english

Literal meaning of this prayer is
Let all be happy
Let all be healthy
Let all experience auspiciousness
Let no one be overwhelmed by grief

Beautiful na this is one of my favourite prayer.....  Stay safe and stay happy......

Edit 1 : Goa Govt have sealed the borders and whoever are coming from major cities or returning from abroad are told to be Quarantined. I am proud of this decision taken by Goa govt love you Sushegad Goykars... 

Comments

  1. Very well described about the situation,Home sickness. Ur family will definitely understand. Hope this Corona get over soon. U will get to meet Ur awesome family soon. Take care. Be safe. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

My First Love

First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it). Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass). Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it starte

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google). Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantl