Skip to main content

From the heart of Amateur RUNNER

So long story short. Let me tell you that whatever I am writing is just from my heart its the storm which is going on at this particular point of time.

So what it feels to be like a runner or physically active every single day. It feels amazing. It feels charming, disciplined, responsible sometimes hectic but most of the time relaxing and refreshing 😛.

We start our run early in the morning, most of the time day does not even break but we are ready to break the chilled silence with our footsteps . While running there are N number of thoughts storming into our minds. Thinking whether we will able to finish the target run which are decided by us, what will be my pace, what will be the calories burnt, what will I have for breakfast after workouts, what will be my lunch, I should have taken a proper dinner last night probably, I am feeling low in energy, I am feeling excellent. Shall I go by that way? Not sure but will it be a good road? I can just go in this lane may be for more 10 minutes, I am one of the wonderful person. I am good, I am so pathetic, Yesterday I Binged so much on those peanuts it had lot of calories, I wish I burn those. We talk to our own self endlessly..... It goes on and on and on. There is no one to stop our storm, there is no one to stop us from thinking crazily and endlessly. We run run and just run for the passion of it and for the love of it. We race with dogs, cars and even with that wind sometimes. Before that car reaches that pole I should reach that tree :). Before I reach near that person my pace should be at least 4.00. I will die If I don't take that hill today.  After speeding this lane I will run with slow pace for that other one.

We have our favorite spots, we have crush on some people, We even hate some people on the road. Some places are very special to us. When I was in Goa Monte hill, Altinho hill and Goa University were my favorite places to run. I knew nooks and corners of this places. BTW we even talk to buildings, we talk to the roads, we share our emotions with the road. We have favorite weathers, in Goa it was rainy season and in Bangalore its summer. When its hill I please that road for being gentle with me, when its down hill I thank it from the bottom of my heart since it somehow attaches wings to my shoes. Bad roads are not bad until it injures you. Traffic is no more a point of concern for a runner. Most of the time when we meet a person running on the lane we just tend to smile without even knowing who he or she is only because we share the same passion. We talk to the churches, temples, gardens, hotels, restaurants which we find on the way. Beach is no more chilling out place for a runner its just the place to take a pleasure of running.  I am in Bangalore now so I see forward to go back home in Goa just to run on that soft sand and hilly terrains. We have no name and no shame while running, we don't care what other people will think. We tend not to look at other peoples face since the obvious question would be why are you running so much. I love the Endorphins which rushes in my body when I am running. If for some reason I dont run in a week I feel as if my world is over . I feel as if there is no joy in life. There are days of recovery and injuries which make me go cry. Only runner will understand the love for running. I know the question on the face of gym guys. Why the fuck you need to run so much to loose weight there is something called as strength and weight training. But  my answer would be we have other aims. Some of us wants to go longer fro ultra , some of us (include me in this) wants to increase my speed hence you will find me only for 2 days in a week in gym rest all days I will be on the road.

And now when the day of race comes. We wake up at 2.00 am some of us dont sleep in the fear of missing that marathon start and then series of question starts again once marathon starts. First question which my brain asks why the fuck did u start , Second question you should have trained more harder. 3 rd time it does not question anything it just starts running. We blame our training untill we finish with our personal bests. We hate each and every second of running but run thinking its our last run. I don't remember a single run where in I was not hating this run. We say to our selves just more 30 km , Just more 10 km left, just more 2 km and last 500 is like real killer where in all emotions will be zombed in. Some runner definitely cry. Yes I did in my first FM for completing those 42 kms.

Image result for running emotions maRathon

We understand your concern for us. But please keep your concerns with you as it will not help us go faster or longer. We understand the envy in your eyes, We can see that I wish look in your eyes we cant help unless you help yourselves though.

There are days of speed training and mileage which makes my brain go mad. But there are days of races where in we fully give our best. People like me switch apartments in the love of run. Marathon running needs other cross  training as well. For me its swimming and strengthening and yes I switched my apartment just for swimming pool and gym(and after switching I have issues with management here too in order to use the play area due to lot of formalities). But yes this phase will also go. But my point here is we do anything and everything. Last year I went to ladakh for marathon and that too one week before for Acclimatization.

We give up on friends and relatives wedding sometimes, we give up on those get together s and outings , We give up on meet ups , We sometimes give up on those free treats also so that we dont miss out on training.

I know this is crazy but if its not crazy enough life inst interesting . So cheers to the life and hats off to the running . Heil Running .

Haters gonna hate it , But Runners gonna run it and give their best 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

My First Love

First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it). Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass). Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it starte

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google). Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantl