Skip to main content

From sweets and choclates to oats and smoothies

This is the Story why I started believing in healthy life. I was into sports from my initial school days. I won many prizes and medals when I was small but after I chose science stream I left everything and started concentrating on my studies. So now studies was my priority focus. I would not do anything else rather then studying, I wanted admissions in Engineering college so badly that I never even bothered looking at my growing waist line and putting on those extra weight.

I was a hogger when I was small. I would eat really lot of things. Since I was into sports also it would never matter how much I ate or what I ate. I would literally eat anything, Veg, non-veg, sweet, things loaded with ghee or oil it never mattered me. There was no restrictions on the food as such. I loved fish by the way when I was a kid, So this eating habits never changed after leaving sports behind and as obvious I started putting on weight. My hard work in studies did show its effects I got into Engineering and then my college life started.

If you go to see, college days are the best days to find yourself and try your talents in some extra curriculum activities, but I was one of the introvert person and also some what low in confidence, because of which I never participated in any of the college events, not even sports. I would just go to enjoy the event or watch other people performance with my friends. But never did I participate in any of the things. I really wanted to but that thought what "people will think" always overpowered the thought of me participating in any events.

Even after having very good percentage when I did not get into any of the MNC's (Every normal Engineering student dream for a job in their initial days)

After passing out from college I had really put on weight, Although I had that athletic physique I never looked obese or fat but I always had  dream of having my waistline 24 which I never attained. For me ideal physique was to be slim and trim and also to be active throughout the day also to have that tiny waist to flaunt with.

Yoga was one of my favourite physical activity. I would sit for hours doing meditation or doing some of the yoga poses.

After started working with one of my friend in his start up firm I really started putting my self completely in the work. My life was literally eat sleep code repeat, My life was never this. This was not the life of my dream. I seriously wanted to have balanced life, where in I could spend some of the time with my family, some time with me and work. But it never happened. I started stressing myself so much that I started loosing on my appetite and eventually with weight continuously. I developed very abnormal eating habits which I am still coping with till today's date. Sometimes I eat excessively sometimes I starve myself. Emotions do effect my eating habits. Although now I am concentrating more on my health.

So finally when I fainted during the meeting due to low bp and high sugar. I decided to take my health seriously. Believe me nothing ever matters nothing rather then your health.

To tell you about me I was one of the laziest person (also let me remind you that I am not the one). I was affected by insomnia I would not get sleep. I would long for sleep but I would never have a sound sleep. So I decided to at least try one of the sport which will tire me of completely and because of which I would get sleep and believe me it worked. I knewed how to swim but i was never very good at it. I before 2014 I never even completed one lap of that pool. Finally I decided to swim. I subscribed myself for a months membership and started to swim by myself. It was one of the difficult task. I was entering pool after 10 years. It was difficult for me to swim initially later on I started to swim like a professional, I could not even complete one complete lap in the pool of 25 meters. Breathing was very difficult for me. I would suffocate while swimming. Because of all this issues I was searching for someone who would teach me proper swimming techniques, who would teach me proper professional swimming and that was the time I met Afra Shaikh. I call her madam although she is just some few years elder to me. One of the beautiful person I met in my life. She is beautiful by looks and also by heart. She was my swimming coach and also personal adviser I had informed her about my health and all the issues because of which she would always give me the best advice needed, She would teach me swimming early in the morning for 1 hour, She would specially wake up early and come early to the pool to teach swimming, Although she was a professional coach but she had soft corner towards me. may be because I was a girl :).

After morning swimming practices I would run to office having some breakfast. I really started taking my health very seriously by then, I was addicted to swimming so badly that I could not think of anything else rather then swimming even while working. I learned various strokes and finally I was prepared to swim even in the sea. All hats of to Afra Shaikh for making me so good in swimming. I even participated in the Swimathon for 2km in the year 2015 and it was one of the awesome experience.

I was so keen in fitness that I changed my diet completely. I replaced all of the simple carbs with complex carbs, changed completely to vegetarian diet(due to some religious matters), replaced unhealthy food and snacks with healthy fruits and vegetables.

Every Monday pool pool closed due for maintenance so I started running on Mondays. I would run for around 3-4 Kms. I liked running as well as swimming. It is so good to keep yourself healthy. Only one thought you should have in your mind that you are going to keep yourself healthy. nothing else matters.

There was one drawback of swimming. First of all I am of dark texture, and my skin started getting more dark due to chlorine. I started getting rashes and patches on my skin. I started loosing my hair due to chlorine but love for swimming was more then anything else.

After this I happened to switch my JOB to one of the most challenging company and my work life again started disturbing my personal life. I was mad in fact to go back into the time from where I started, I did not wanted to look back but I dont know what made me go back into the time at the state where I was once upon a time. Person who learns from his mistake is smart and intelligent but me I did mistake of mixing my professional life with personal life.

I love programming that is the fact but I started going into depression. There were some things I could not cope up during my work and I could not give time for myself. Which made my life more miserable. I started starving myself again Even after knowing the fact I was pushing myself back into the time.

Finally after lot of hardships I managed to find a peace between me and my work life and now I should say I am happy in fact more then happy, I have confidence in myself that I would find and make peace with myself in whichever situation I am.

You should follow some set of rules in your life.  Like I have some.

I have fixed timings to wake up in the morning. Everyday I wake up at 5.30 am in the morning.
I see to it that I give at least 2 hours to myself in the morning and from the day I started running for marathons  I give around 3 hours in a day for myself. This time for yourself can be anytime in the day but see to it that its completely yours. But its better to be in the morning so that entire day you find yourself energised
I see to it that I meditate at least for 20-30 minutes in the morning.
I see to it that there is minimal intake of sugar or processed food in my diet.
I hate taking simple carbs. Simple carbs include maida or refined floor, white rice, sugar and all baked and processed foods. This also includes unhealthy fried food.
I include whole grains and cereals in my diet.
I include lot of vegetables and fruits in my diet.

Do what you want in your life and not what others want you to do in you life. If you cant boss yourself, you will have to leave under someone for rest of your life, so better to follow your own heart and listen to it rather then following someone else.

You will find people who will start saying just one bite will not matter or one piece will not matter. but mind you that one piece contains some considerable amount of calories to make you fat in fact very very fat and unhealthy.

Health is the only wealth you can perceive for your entire life. So give it a first preference.

Stay healthy and stay fit, also keep reading my blog, my personal website coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purane kapde....ya naye

It was the last day of Ganesh Chaturthi I was wearing a beautiful white chikankari kurta hand-stitched by one of the local tailors. It was looking so pretty and me too definitely 😉. I actually had stitched it specially for Ganesh Chaturthi but for the entire 5 days did not get time to wear it or you could say it was raining very heavily so I was worried about it getting dirty. Finally, on the last day, I wore it while going to my cousin's place.  All the time I was just worried about what if it gets dirty, my manstruation date was due so I was worried what if it gets stained. Since it was raining heavily what if some car splashed water on me. Not one but a thousand questions 😏.  And to be frank with all these questions I wore it till Visarjan and when I came back home just changed into my old clothes ... started doing all the work wearing that same old t-shirt which has one hole on the sleeves given by a stray dog. My old clothes were already stained with turmeric stain which I g

My First Love

First of all Happy  Birthday.............................. :) :D to my laptop DELL INSPIRON 5520 (people who need specification can google it). Today its a great day for me since my laptop is turning a year old .Thank you for being with me in my good,bed,bad times (bad because I have a habit of sleeping with laptop on my stomach , sleeping and browsing is my favorite time pass). Yes this was my first love , it is and will be . I don't know how I got so much attached  to my laptop but there was something that led me to love this laptop more than my self . I can't sleep when anything happens to it , like  now even when I'm writing this article  pointer doesn't respond properly , it get's stuck in between  ....    :(   ,    I'm facing this problem  from last 4 days so yesterday I tried to reintall the drivers , for some time it worked properly and after some time same thing started again so I restarted thinking it might work properly and go to see , it starte

Do we feel - All Indians are my Brothers and Sisters

I don't know whats is cooking in my brain today... Just some thoughts which are popping up randomly and not allowing me to sleep Before moving to Bangalore I was surrounded by mostly by Goans. For us anyone and everyone outside Goa is Bhikna(Only Goans will understand this term so don not try to google). Goans normally don't like migrants because we always feel our land will be grabbed again, same like how Portuguese took it from us 450 years back. When I was a kid I personally hated all the migrants, I used to fight with all my classmates whoever where migrants. My kiddish brain never understood the real meaning of Indian Pledge. India is my country all Indians are my brothers and sisters was just for the name sack , just for the sack of saying . When I was in Higher Secondary I understood the real worth of me as Indian . I realized how united we are and how obvious it is to go to any other state without any choice and work there. Every Indian loves its own land abundantl